Charitable Giving Scheme
For the one-off price of a stamp and a little of your time, you could be able to make a significant annual cash donation to charity. You can choose one of our three participating charities, or opt for an equal split between all three. Please see below for information on how the Scheme works and how to sign up.
|Click here for more information on Action for Children.
Click here for how to sign up.
|Click here for more information on Marie Curie Cancer Care.
Click here for how to sign up.
Action for Children registered charity nos. 1097940 & SC038092; Company No. 4764232
Marie Curie Cancer Care registered charity nos. 207994 & SC038731
PDSA registered charity nos. 208217 & SC037585
Where do these annual donations come from?
Many investments, such as most Unit Trusts commonly held in a Stocks & Shares ISA, pay or have the potential to pay commission every year of up to 0.5%. This commission, often termed renewal or trail commission, is paid out of the standard annual management charge on the fund.
Clubfinance already provides a service to its customers whereby 75% of this commission is returned to them each year by cheque. Customers can appoint Clubfinance as their agent for investments they already hold to benefit from this service.
Investors can now choose for this money to go to charity each year. Clubfinance will then also contribute a further 2.5%, making a total contribution of 77½p from each £1 of ongoing commission received.
Clubfinance does not charge a fee for this service; Clubfinance is remunerated by the remaining ongoing commission.
This service is only for investors who do not need or want advice on their investments.
If you are an existing Clubfinance customer, you just need to send a Clubfinance Charitable Declaration form to Clubfinance. This will cover all current and future investments for which Clubfinance is your agent.
If you want to include investments for which Clubfinance is not your current agent, please follow the process for new Clubfinance customers below.
How to sign up – new Clubfinance customers
The process is the same as that for changing your agent, but in addition you need to complete a Clubfinance Charitable Declaration. The process is set out in full below.
All information should be sent to Clubfinance. Please make sure that you obtain the current versions of our documents from our website [How?].
1. Not all products pay renewal commission, in which case there will be no corresponding donation. You can still appoint Clubfinance as your agent, but if this is a concern, you can either contact your product provider to ask whether renewal commissions are payable on your product, or it may be indicated in your original product documentation. Alternatively, we can attempt to find out this information for you. However, some products have multiple commission structures and in some cases this information may not be available to us. Click here to use our online form.
2. Please read our Combined Initial Disclosure Document (Keyfacts about our services) and print off a copy or store it on your hard drive for future reference. This gives important information including the nature and scope of the services that we may offer. Please click here.
3. If you are a new Clubfinance customer or if any of your details have changed, we require identification documents to be sent to us to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. Please click here for details.
4. Please read the Clubfinance Terms of Business and either print off a copy or store it on your hard drive for future reference. Please click here.
5. Please print, read carefully, and sign a Clubfinance Client Declaration form confirming that Clubfinance Ltd will only provide an administration service and no advice. Please click here for the form.
6. Please print and complete the "Letter of Authority / Change of Agent" form(s) to be sent to Clubfinance. Clubfinance will send this form to the product provider. Please use a new form for each product provider. Please use the links below to the generic form or tailored forms for the fund supermarkets indicated.
7. Please print and complete one Clubfinance Charitable Declaration.
8. Please send the identification documents (if necessary), Client Declaration, Charitable Declaration, and change of agent form(s) to:
Charitable Giving Scheme
P.O. Box 1036
If you have any queries please refer to our frequently asked questions or contact us on the e-mail address provided on our contact us page. Please be aware that changing your agent with a product provider can take several weeks. We will notify you as soon as possible if the particular product provider will not allow you to change your agent.
Clubfinance Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Clubfinance offers an execution-only discount broker service; Clubfinance does not give advice or recommendations. If you have any doubt about the suitability of a particular product or service, or you require advice, you should seek a personal recommendation from an appropriate firm that does give advice. Clubfinance does not produce the products it arranges, or manage the underlying investments. Payments must not be made to Clubfinance, but to the relevant product provider. Contact details for Clubfinance can be found under 'contact'. Users of this website should be aware of the following:
- Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
- The value of investments and the income from them can fall as well as rise as a result of market and currency fluctuations. For many types of investment, you may be placing your capital at risk, meaning that you may not get back the amount originally invested and you may risk losing your entire investment.
- Some investments and policies may only be suitable as medium or long-term products.
- Tax treatments depend on your individual circumstances and may be subject to change in future.
- This website contains financial promotions relating to services offered by and products available through Clubfinance.
- In the event of any conflict between product literature and information provided by Clubfinance, the product literature shall prevail.
The information on this website is intended solely for the use of those people who are United Kingdom residents for tax and investment purposes and is governed by our terms and conditions of website usage, please click here for details. It is not for distribution in any other jurisdiction, including the United States of America.
Anyone who is not a UK resident should not continue with this site unless wishing to read about personal finances available to UK residents for informational purposes only.
Copyright ©2004-2012 Clubfinance Ltd, all rights reserved.
This entire website is the property of Clubfinance Ltd. No part of the site should be reproduced without express written permission. Clubfinance Ltd. Registered Office: Charleston House, 13 High Street, Old Town, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP1 3AA Telephone: 01442 217 287, Fax: 01442 241 045
Registered in England, Registered Number: 04522114. Consumer Credit Licence Number: 608951
Clubfinance Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (400139)