Date of last update: 9 January 2018
This policy describes what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please read it carefully.
Who are we?
In this policy, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to Wealth Club Limited and Clubfinance Limited. Clubfinance is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wealth Club, but both are separate companies, each registered as a data controller in its own right.
The legal information for each entity is:
Wealth Club Limited, website at www.wealthclub.co.uk, registered in England and Wales under company number 09831162, registered office 4 Broad Plain, Bristol, BS2 0JP.
Clubfinance Limited, website at www.clubfinance.co.uk, registered in England and Wales under company number 04522114, registered office c/o Wealth Club, 4 Broad Plain, Bristol BS2 0JP.
By visiting our websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and process information you give us, for instance by filling in online forms on our websites or by contacting us by phone, email, post or otherwise. This includes but is not limited to information you provide when you apply for a product or service, register for email alerts, request literature, sign up for newsletters or enter a prize draw, promotion or survey, details of transactions you carry out through our websites and of the fulfilment of your orders or if you contact us with any problems about our websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, as well as other personal information.
In addition, when you visit our websites we may automatically collect the following:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, your geographic location, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the source of your visit, the full click path through our website (including date and time); services you viewed, searches made on our site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as page scrolling, mouse clicks, mouse movements and keyed text), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us. This information may be collected using a website recording service.
Lastly, we may collect and process information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you from, including third party service providers such as credit reference agencies, payment service providers, or analytics providers. We may combine this with information you give to us and that we collect about you.
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect from and about you in the following ways:
- to provide the product or service you request or for which you apply
- to provide you with information by post, email, telephone or otherwise about products and services of a similar nature to those you have previously purchased or expressed an interest in
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to administer and analyse our websites
- to measure and understand the effectiveness of content we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant content to you
- to deliver targeted advertisements to you and others as you browse the internet
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites when you choose to do so
- to identify you when you contact us
- to help us develop new services and products
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements including our efforts to prevent and detect money laundering, financial crime and other crime.
What newsletters and marketing will you receive?
When you download information from our websites, register to receive news and alerts, or become a client of ours, you become a member of Wealth Club. Benefits of the membership include receiving investment information by post and/or email including investment research on VCTs, IHT and EIS investments, information on exclusive deals and alerts when a new offer opens.
There are no costs or obligations attached to your membership and you can cancel it at any time by contacting us. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this by contacting us by phone, post or email using the details below.
You can also unsubscribe from emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the footer of each marketing email from Wealth Club.
Disclosure of your information
We may share the personal data we hold about you to enable us to better understand and serve your needs. Your personal data may also be used for customer modelling, statistical and trend analysis, with the aim of developing and improving our products and services.
We will never sell, trade, or give your personal information to others. However, we may share it with selected third parties including:
- our partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, or to enforce or apply our Statutory disclosures or any other agreement or to protect the rights, property or safety of our site, our users or others;
- governmental or judicial bodies or agencies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- fraud prevention agencies, other companies and organisations to prevent or detect financial and other crime;
- data, service and software providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- if Wealth Club Limited or our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
How we safeguard your personal data
The internet is an open medium and we cannot guarantee any information you send us by email or via our site will not be intercepted or tampered with; any transmission is at your own risk.
To help protect your personal data and minimise the risk of it being intercepted by unauthorised third parties our secure servers employ Secure Socket Layer v3 (SSL) or Transport Layer Security v1 (TLS) encryption when you submit information to us through our sites. This security is signified by the "https" and the padlock icon on the URL bar. Some older browsers do not allow the use of current SSL technology. We therefore recommend you use an up to date browser, and we reserve the right to restrict the use of our online services if you are using an out of date browser.
We use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
Social media widgets and applications
Our site may include functionality to enable sharing via third-party social media applications, such as the LinkedIn Share button and Twitter widget. These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of our site. Any personal information you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information. Please check the privacy policies of any third parties before you submit any personal data to them.
Our site may occasionally contain links to and from other websites, which will have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability. Please check any other website’s policy before submitting any personal data.
When you call us
When you call us we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We retain a copy of the telephone call for our training and security processes. We will use the information to help improve our efficiency and effectiveness.
When you email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Emails to and from us will be stored on our secure servers.
When you contact us online with a question
We may also use third-party providers to supply and support our online contact form which we use to handle customer enquiries.
If you use this service we will collect your email address and your question. This information will not be shared with any other organisations.
Access to your information and its correction
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of this information you may contact us by email, telephone on 0117 929 0511 or you may write to us at our registered office address: Wealth Club Limited, 4 Broad Plain, Bristol BS2 0JP. We may charge a nominal fee for providing this information. If any of the information we hold is inaccurate, you can ask us to make any necessary amendments.
How to contact us
If you have any queries regarding privacy issues, you can email us, write to us at Wealth Club Limited, 4 Broad Plain, Bristol BS2 0JP or call us on 0117 929 0511.