Share dealing – Frequent Trader
Our Frequent Trader service offers UK online share dealing from just £4.95 per trade. Trade more than twice a quarter and you could pay no quarterly fee.
On Sunday 21 January 2018 the Frequent Trader online dealing and valuation service, provided by James Brearley & Sons, was upgraded. Before logging in to your account, you will need to register your account on the new website, if you haven't done so already.
As the name suggests, Frequent Trader is a Clubfinance service for UK investors who trade frequently. They can benefit from exceptionally low charges. The platform is operated by James Brearley & Sons.
Trade UK shares online for £4.95 a trade, including Main Market and AIM. There is no platform charge or annual fee if you trade more than twice per quarter*. This rate also includes limit orders, stop losses, debt securities and ETFs. There is no minimum account balance.
Prices come direct from the London Stock Exchange's Proquote central trading hub, ensuring competitive spreads. No additional margin is added to the prices obtained. Stockbroking and custody services are provided by James Brearley & Sons.
* Low Activity Fee of £15 per quarter applies if you trade fewer than three times in the quarter.
Most investment funds can be held on the Frequent Trader platform. If a fund you are interested in is not included on our fund list, let us know and we can usually add it.
We provide access to institutional and clean share classes, i.e. those without platform fees or trail commission included within their AMCs.
The cost to buy or sell funds is £4.95 per transaction, however there is no annual platform charge. Fund transactions also count as trades when calculating if you have made three or more trades in a quarter. A small minority of funds carry Supplementary Application Charges. These are shown on our News, Research & UT Terms webpage, available after you log in to your Frequent Trader account.
Some investors have more complex requirements. That is why these Premium Services are available, for an extra charge:
- £25 per trade telephone trading – please call the Telephone Dealing line on 01253 831 211
- International share trading
- Funds with Supplementary Application Charges
- Complex Financial Instruments
You can access the following investments by completing and passing an appropriateness assessment:
- Synthetic ETFs
- Listed Structured Products
- Warrants & Covered Warrants
- Complex Funds*
- Shares on unregulated markets*
* These Complex Financial Instruments may also be subject to additional charges.
Below is a list of the main charges. For full details, please download the Charges Schedule.
|Online UK share trading||£4.95 per trade|
|Online fund buy/sell||£4.95 per trade, plus the fund manager's charges – in many cases the initial fund charge is 0%. A small minority of funds have Supplementary Application Charges.|
|Platform Fee||No charge|
|Annual Fund Charges||No additional charge, just the annual charges of the fund itself|
|Low Activity Fee||£15 per quarter – if you make fewer than three trades in a quarter|
|Set-up costs||No charge|
|Cash payments in||No charge|
|Transfers in||No charge|
|Cash withdrawals||No charge|
|Dividend or interest collection||No charge|
|Income payments||No charge|
|ISA administration||No charge|
|Inactivity charge||No charge|
|Account closure fee||No charge|
|Transfer out/certification fee||£25 per stock|
Premium services charges
|Telephone share trading||£25 per trade|
|Overseas shares settled through CREST||Standard trading charges|
|Overseas shares settled outside CREST||£150 per trade. A further charge may be levied if indemnities are required|
|Annual administration fee for holders of US stock||£100|
|Complex funds and funds with supplementary application charges||£0-£80 additional charge per purchase|
Application forms – for existing users of the Frequent Trader service only
Please return any completed application forms to James Brearley & Sons, PO Box 34, Walpole House, Unit 2 Burton Road, Blackpool, FY4 4WX or the address specified on the form. If you have any questions, please contact us. Please note, the application forms below are only for existing user of the Frequent Trader service.
- ISA application (PDF, 131.2kB)
- ISA transfer application (PDF, 107.4kB)
- Nominee (non-ISA) transfer application – for funds held on a platform (PDF, 103.3kB)
- Unit Trusts and OEICs transfer application – for funds held directly with the fund group (PDF, 48.7kB)
- CREST transfer application (PDF, 274.4kB)
- Stock transfer form (PDF, 48.7kB)
- Financial Instruments Assessment form (PDF, 116.9kB)
- W-8BEN form – to trade in US stocks
- Account Closure (PDF, 103.2kB)
- Client Declaration – must accompany any investment application (PDF, 82.6kB)